In celebration of local farmers and purveyors, Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver will host its first Farmer’s Market on Sunday, June 24th.
Nine local vendors and one winery, supported by Wayne Harris, the hotel’s executive chef and his team, will gather on the third-floor terrace of Market by Jean-Georges, to stage Shangri-La’s inaugural Farmer’s Market. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. the community-at-large is invited to savour, sip and shop.
Chef Harris, using products from the vendors, will be creating signature Market by Jean-Georges canapés while the bartending team will be stirring up housemade sodas. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards will also be on-hand with their Cabernet Franc Rosé and Gewürztraminer. All for complimentary sampling.
“Our entire team is ready and eager to welcome the community to this market,” said Harris. “We are starting with a small event and anticipate adding more vendors later this summer, to showcase the best of BC.”
- Skipper Otto’s Wild BC Salmon
- Organic Farm Connection (salad greens and leafy things)
- Maan Farms (strawberries)
- French Made Baking (French pastries and macaroons)
- Yummy Baked Goods (traditional baking)
- Take a Fancy Chocolate and Sweets (chocolates)
- Sticky Spoon (jam)
- and… Erin Ireland, mother of banana bread & food writer (rave-winning banana bread, personally tasted & endorsed by Jean-Georges)
Please join the culinary brigade of Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver for their Farmer’s Market in the city centre. No reservations required.
Entrance via Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver at 1128 West Georgia Street
or up the Market stairs at 1115 Alberni.